Reesie has 10+ years of experience breaking, training, and working with problem horses and rescues, as well as teaching riding lessons to riders of all ages and skill levels within her abilities. Reesie's goal is to instill confidence in horse and rider and emphasize correct riding through functional equitation and classical training methods. She has a knack for explaining not just what to do, but the reason why, and how it affects the horse's performance. Not to mention, she always remembers to bring her sense of humor to the ring!
Reesie is a traditional H-A member of the United States Pony Club (USPC). Reesie has qualified for and competed in numerous Championships, in nearly all disciplines: Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping; even including the Extreme Cowboy World Championships. Reesie has great depth of knowledge, having ridden hundreds of horses of every breed and trained or competed in a multitude of riding disciplines.
Riding, Training. & Competition Experience:
- 20+ years of riding experience
- 10+ years of teaching and training experience
- United States Pony Club "H-A" certified
- Member of USPC International Show Jumping Team
- Multiple USPC National Championships (top 4 regionally qualified)
- Extreme Cowboy World Championships (Top 10)
- Has successfully started dozens of horses under saddle; retrained OTTBs and rescues
- Experience riding, training, and competing on hundreds of different breeds and levels of horses
- Troubleshooting training problems
- Groundwork, desensitizing/sensitizing, despooking, loading, etc
- Equine consignment and sales
- Show Jumping (up to level 5 - 3'9-4')
- Eventing (up to Preliminary)
- Dressage (up to second level)
- Hunter/Jumper, Equitation
- Extreme Cowboy Racing
- Western Riding; Gymkhana, Barrel Racing, Pole Bending, etc
Her encouraging and positive teaching style is well-received by children and adults alike. Reesie approaches green and difficult horses tactfully and kindly, minimizing conflicts. She does not advocate abusive training methods. She encourages safety, proper horsemanship and sportsmanship. She is truly passionate about teaching and training, and loves watching her students have "lightbulb moments."
Reesie will be glad and able to help you with the fundamentals of any riding
discipline, she specializes in dressage, show jumping, eventing, and
balanced seat riding (for any discipline), as well as training green and